Thursday, February 14, 2008

Common denominators

We learned about common denominators in maths, a very long time ago..and back then, from memory, I was in the 'slow at maths' section since I hated numbers (and still somewhat do), with Mrs. Nutter (whom I saw on Oprah a few years back, can't remember what she was doing on Oprah though!)..but you know..if only they taught us about common denominators differently, I might have gotten it..and am going to make a laughable attempt now.

Common denominators are necessary to relate one item to another. Like apples and oranges. They are different, but they have a few common denominators. They are both fruit, and you can count them (depending on how many there are of each) and though there are differences, you can say you have 5 pieces of fruit, no need to know if they are apples or oranges.

Friendships have common denominators too, like you are all crazy, or all spoiled little f#$%s, or all girls, or all football players.. I have a common denominator base with all the people in my life.

So, as I now move into a new box called 'ming in a relationship' with all new subfolders and new chances to colour code shit, its nice to know two of our common denominators:
1. We are both extremely serious people
2. We are both extremely fun people

How these two are antonyms and still be present in one, and be found in two..how cute.

We have more ofcourse but no need for those details right now..
Ha ha ha, ofcourse I am being cheesy, I'm in love!

No comments: