Saturday, July 04, 2009

Updates, news and whatever comes out of my head

Well, I must share that I am now, 99.999% married. We just need to sign our names on the dotted line, which we will cheesily do on my birthday, the 28th. (note to self--but ticket home already!, oh and check out credit card bill)

Its quite an odd system they have here. Took us 6 months to get it all done, from documents from the DFA to our police interviews, medicals, and every government official having a look at our income (okay, mine only, as I am the foreigner).. and I am now imagining the police lady handing over our paper work to someone who is now applying for the same thing as a 'model to follow' like they did for us..yeah, I got handed over someone elses wedding papers (some guy who works for the UN--imagine) including his bank statements.. no sense of confidentiality at all..oh well.

Have had funny discussions with friends recently and some thoughts have come from this..

People don't really change, a**es from the past, will most likely still be a**es in the future. Unless they have some sort of life changing event, don't expect people to change drastically. A few small habits here and there, yeah, but a change? Suggest you be the one to change instead.

Drama is like a drug, something that should be avoided and/or outlawed.

On another note..

I am still hesitant to broadcast this blog, maybe because its too close to the heart, but is that so bad really? Well, lets see, soon.

No comments: